Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Katniss:Showing My Skills!

It was a nice, sunny and hot evening at the capitol but we was in the training center with air conditioner so it wasn't hot inside of the building. The building was black and made of glass, it was clean, but the vibe was tense. Everybody was nervous, jumpy, worried, and hinky. As usually they start from district 1 and went on down to my district, district 12 was called and Peeta had went first. When Peeta was finsh he came out looking a little mad and disappointed.That's when they called my name.

Katniss Everdeen? one of the judges called out.

I had went attempted to get up and walk towards the room that was awaiting for me but I couldn't, something was holding me back. I couldn't no longer feel my feet, my hands or even my body. I was frozen for a second. I took a minute and that when I heard my name being called again.

Katniss Everdeen? one of the judges called out.

I had walk toward the door into a big ball room set up with little stations. One station was a table with a bow and arrow on it, and in front of the table it  was a wall with practice dummy face to it. See that station had me excited but anxious at the same time.

What if I mess up? she thought.
What if I dont win any sponsors? she thought.
What if the judges doesn't like me? she thought.

The first task was that she had to throw the knives at the dartboard. She had did the task perfectly making all 10 knives hit the milddle like she was suppose to. Shortly after task three they had allowed her a break, she the judges could discuss her score,eat a bit, and just have a second for their self. After about 10 minutes they had resumed back to the game where she was at the last task. It was now time to shoot at the practice dummy and katniss was excited because she was great at shooting a bow and arrow. As she gotten herself together she notice the judge wasn't paying attention to her. As she kept shooting at her target hitting it everytime just on point. I turn to the gamemakers. A few are nodding approval, but the majority of them are fixated on a roast pig that has just arrived at their banquet table. Suddenly I am furious, that with my life on the line, they don't even have the decency to pay attention to me. That I'm being upstaged by a dead pig. My heart started to pound, I can feel my face burning. Without thinking, I pull an arrow from my quiver and send it straight at the gamemakers table. I hear shouts of alarm as people stumble back. The arrow skewers the apple in the pig's mouth and pins it to the wall behind it. Everyone stares at me in disbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment