Getting the broth into Peeta takes an hour of coaxing, begging, threatening,and yes, kissing, but finally, sip by sip, he empties the pot. I let him drift off to sleep then and attend to my own needs wolfing down a supper of groosling and roots while I watch the daily report in the shy. No new casualties. Still, Peeta and I have given the audience a fairly interesting day. Hopefully, the Gamemakers will allow us a peaceful night. But being in the arena you never know what will happen, so I slept lightly next to peeta so I could hear and be alert if any one of the Gamemakers try to pull any of there tricks I could be prepared to save us.
"Peeta is so peaceful when he is a sleep." Katniss thought in her sleep.
"How did we get to this point to where we need eachother.?"
"How we get to the point where we care for one another?"
"I never thought I would have feeling for someone so deep and I never thought I will be falling in love with a stranger, somebody I just met a month ago." Katniss thought.
I open my eyes and happen to notice that Peeta was awake, he was the one watching over us. I could believe that he has now became the protector. It feels good to know that I dont always have to the provider, and protector. I looked up to Peeta and I notice that it was another day that we have survived. As Peeta had noticed that I was awake we had went to the pond to wash up and to catch our breakfast. After I had caught our two fish so we could get I get and started the fire. I also had found some leaves we could have chew on for the mean time. The rest of our day was very quite and calm. B ut even though the gamemakers wasnt messing with us, I always stayed alert because I knew they were coming back.
No comments:
Post a Comment